Become a Student of Life

There are reasons for seasons…CHANGE! We are supposed to be able to learn how to change and adapt to our surroundings in a physical sense as well as mentally, physically and spiritually. We often see the changing of the seasons as awful because we can’t handle the cold weather. I know for a fact that my  mother starts to dread winter the day after the first day of summer. This goes back to my previous lesson of learning to dance in the rain. Instead of embracing the cold weather as an excuse to go skiing,  or to drink hot chocolate, bundle up next to the fire with a loved one, she contemplates selling everything and moving…as if that would be less stressful. Just as seasons change, it is impossible to go through life and have everything be the exact same, every single day. Life is about learning. Learning to change. Learning to be happy. I am a staunch believer that if you continually challenge yourself and your brain you will find happiness. Follow your passions, dreams and aspirations! If you love to dance and you are 50 years old…make it happen. Join a dance studio. If you want to sing, go out and just do it. The world is at our fingertips and we forget this. Don’t let your typical, stressful day ruin your dreams or get in the way of something you have always wanted to do. Have faith that by following your heart, everything will workout the way it is supposed to.

I went against my dreams and decided to graduate college with a Computer and Business degree on the belief that I would graduate, work for a large Corporation, make tons of money and buy expensive things…and this would make me happy. I quickly realized that my personality didn’t fit in this reality. 12 hour days in a cubicle rushing to meet deadlines was not making me happy. So, I took a leap of faith followed my heart and before I knew it I was in a Master’s program, working at an elementary and changing the lives of the 822 students that attend the school I work at. I couldn’t be happier. What made the difference for me though, wasn’t just jumping in feet first. It was taking that initial leap of faith, then becoming a student of life. I crave to learn as much as I can about food, health, life, teaching, music, relationships and more. Constant brain stimulation creates a level of euphoria that gives you that extra energy you need to get through the day. When you are doing something you love, it doesn’t seem like work. If 80% of happiness is created by the relationships you have, the other 20% has to be the activities and work you chose. This will lead into my next post about choices :)

About these ads

About brendenmartin05

I am a graduate student earning my Master's In Teaching, working as an Administrative Assistant, looking for ways to change the public education field for the better using technology and imagination

Posted on January 4, 2012, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.

  1. It didn’t take long for you to become far wiser than your years or even mine! I am constantly amazed and inspired by you! You are such an inspiration! I’m such a lucky mom!

  1. Pingback: When Your Kids Become Wiser Than YOU! - 98.3 The Key: The Best Hits of the 80's 90's and Today!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: