Routine. Repetitive. Redundant. Does this sound like your day? Does it feel like the movie Groundhogs Day in your own life? Could you complete your day with your eyes closed? Well, I have been there before. As humans, we look for the path of least resistance. We do not like confrontation, anything hard and constantly want the best of both worlds. So, it makes sense that we often find ourselves doing the same thing day in and day out. We don’t want a curve ball thrown our way and for heavens sake its the end of the world when something comes out of left field and surprises us. Well, I have a challenge for you!
For the next week….
1. Take a new route to work every day
2. Instead of packing a lunch or eating at McDonalds, take a long lunch at least one day and spoil yourself
3. Don’t go home and watch tv and eat a frozen dinner, go out to a Happy Hour and I dare you to introduce yourself to one new person
4. Do something every day that makes you feel awkward. Whether its standing up in front of your co-workers and making a joke or singing Karaoke…feel awkward
5. Go out of your way to help someone. Buy a stranger coffee!
6. Take 5 minutes a day to day dream about your biggest desires
7. On the last day, write in a journal or a notepad or on your computer about all the experiences you had. Share with us!